Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fiction and real life

Okay. I don't know if anyone is reading this any more and I don't blame you as it is usually a lot of time between posting but if you are reading this you know that I am a HUGE fiction reader. In fact I just arrived home from a 2 day "Baxter Family Reunion" that was hosted by Christian Fiction author, Karen Kingsbury.

Well, I have this theory about God sending me messages through the fiction books since He knows I struggle with reading non-fiction. I just finished a book and I wanted to print some of what the book said and how it seems to fit my feelings. It comes from a book called "Midnight Caller" by author Diane Burke. It is a Love Inspired Suspense book. I am typing this without thier permission but since I am not selling anything and I have given them full credit hopefully my blog won't get shut down. : ^ )

"...If I live my life afraid to love someone because they might die...or because they might leave...I'm going to live a lonely, empty life." It goes on to a couple of paragraphs expounding on that then takes up again with, "I realize those pieces of my heart are gone and can never be replaced. But I also realize the only way to protect my heart from pain of loss is to never love..." "And to never love...is the worst kind of death. God knows how important it is to love. He made it one of His greatest commandments."

So now I have to figure out how to take what He is showing me in a fiction book and do something about it.

Please pray that I take that and learn from it.

Thanks,
God Bless,
Karen

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Karen, I just wanted you to know that I think your blog is lovely. Very encouraging. You have done a good job on it. I also want to commend you on your weight loss and, more than that, your testimony of your love for God. I lost 50 pounds (which I know is nothing compared to what you've accomplished!) a few years ago and it made a huge difference in my life. I've kept it off.


I injured my Achilles tendon earlier this year and had surgery on it ten days ago. I've started a blog on it, and I'd love your feedback if you have time! Here's the address:

http://achillestendondrama.blogspot.com/

God bless you - and I am going to start following your blog!

Melanie

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...