Sunday, October 19, 2008

God's stretching weekend.

Well, it sure has been an interesting weekend. Yesterday was hard because it was homecoming at the college I went to. I would have graduated in 1989 so I would of known a lot of people who would have been there. I went to the game and the school won!!! We are 6-0 now. First time in forever, well since I have been following them 23 years ago. But, I didn't see anyone I knew. There was one guy I recognized but I couldn't tell you his name.

When I came home I watched the rest of the Ohio State Game (which we won) and then mom wanted me to take her to Target. I am so tired from working out every night that I can, going to church, working two jobs and everything that is going on. I am also frustrated because I don't have any money. My finances are so out of control right now that I am not sure what my next step is. I got so frustrated last night that I was very angry. I was angry that I can't eat what I want to eat, angry that I can't buy what I want to buy, that I can't help my mom the way I need and want to. So, knowing that it is okay to get frustrated and really talk to God, he and I chatted quite a bit in between my crying and throwing my little temper tantrum. I know that He only wants the best for me and that all of my money problems are because of choices I am making and that He is trying to teach me a lesson. I just have to learn the lesson.

Then today he asked me to really step outside of my box/comfort zone. I had to make an announcement in front of the entire church about a ladies tea. Then I had to give my testimony tonight in the ladies class. Now, if most of you know me you know that I love to talk - and especially about myself but not in front of people. I freak out. But, He was with me the entire time. I made it through both things and am able to tell about it. I even only cried slightly during my testimony. If you also know me you know that was a miracle in itself!!!

God, thank you for all the lessons you are teaching me. Thank you for your love and guidance. Please help the words you gave and give me through this blog and my testimony to make a difference in someone's life. Help someone come to know you or come closer to you through something you might say through me. Amen (Now I am ready to listen-I guess you had to be in the ladies class tonight)

God Bless,
Karen

5 comments:

gretchen said...

Good for you! And only slightly crying through a testimony is a HUGE miracle in my book (I don't think I have EVER accomplished that) ;)

Karen said...

Thanks. Me either. I really tried to not cry. It was very hard to do. I don't know what I said but I just pray God was glorified through it.

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Karen - You did a great job at with your testimony and your annoucement. The ladies in the class were touched by your words and your boldness to share. You may not remember what you said, but the ladies in that class will and honestly...that is all that matters. Thanks for allowing God to make you His Playdough this weekend!

Karen said...

Thanks for the encouragment Megan. Looking forward to the next "report" in 4 days via email.

God Bless,
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...