Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Galatians 3:1-5

Galatians 3:1-5 (New International Version)
Galatians 3
Faith or Observance of the Law 1You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? 4Have you suffered so much for nothing—if it really was for nothing? 5Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?


Okay. Are you wondering what this verse has to do with me? Well, even if you aren't I have to tell you. As most of you know I have been struggling for a long time. This journey started out easy and I have made it hard. God continues to give me opportunities to get heathly and I keep balking at Him. Well, last night I was walking around my house praying as I was getting ready for bed. I asked him to show me what I was doing to sabotage this step of obedience that he has me on. When I sat down and opened my Bible the passage that he sent to me was Gal 3:1-5.

Yes, this passage is talking about salavation and that you can't do anything to get to heaven you just have to have the faith that Christ was born and then died on the Cross to save me. But, if you read some of the words it is also talking to me about trying to do things my own way and not having the faith that I started this journey with. The faith that says, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6 Especially verse 3.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for answering that pray immediately. I know that you have a plan. Even this morning you brought someone into my scope who was asking questions on how I have lost this weight so far. I pray that one meal at a time I can do your will and make choices that will glorify you and get me back started on the direction to be healthier so that I can do your work. In Jesus Name, Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...