Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes

Okay, so I was having lunch on Sunday with my family from church. We were celebrating Sue and Katie's birthday. I ended up sitting next to my 6 year old niece, Anna. We were talking about her mom turning 40 this coming Friday and I told Anna that I was older than her mom. She looks directly at me and says, "Then why aren't you married?" Her parents just laughed and I looked at her and explained that God hadn't brought someone into my life yet. She told me that I need to get married and be a mom.

I thought that was a pretty profound statement. I like the idea a lot but had to explain to her that it was in God's timing not mine. I did mumble that I would love for it to be sooner rather than later since I am getting older but...

So, anyway, I was pretty happy she thought I would be a good mom.

God bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...