Monday, July 20, 2009

New Directions

Okay, so about 6 weeks ago I went to a seminar that a local Integrative Medicine doctor held. What this doctor does is take your blood work and then look to see what is out of balance - either too high or too low - and then put you on suppliments and dietary changes to get your system in balance so that it can do what it is supposed to do.

So, I had my 1 on 1 appointment with him last Friday. I have been having stomach issues lately and when I talked to him about what areas I wanted to work on, weight loss, IBS, Aching Muscles/body and PMDD, the first thing he told me was that I had Celiac's disease. Normally he puts people who are obese on Magnisium but with Celiac's disease you can't take that or it will just increase the problem. Also, he ran a full CBC on me and sent the results on Saturday. Seems there is a thing called a SED rate. The high for this is supposed to be 2.0 and mine is 2.5 and a C Reactive Protein which the high is supposed to be 3.0 and mine is 7.5. Both of these things are to show inflammation in the body. Okay, so now I have proof that my shoulder really is bothering me!!! My blood work says so.

Anyway, with his program I am on 1 Magnisium/Calcium/Zinc, 1 Fish Oil and 2 Cinnamon tablets 7 times a day, 1 b vitamin time release tablet 5 times a day and 1 multi vitamin once a day. I have created a system of little snack bags with the appropriate times a day to take the pills and have done really well so far. The other thing is no chicken or turkey because they are high in Omega 6 and no banana's, kiwi or a few other fruits because they are high in latex. The weird thing is that all the "diet" things I have learned are being challenged. For instance, they say if you eat a baked potatoe you should add butter and sour cream because the potatoe is very high in carbs that it turns directly into sugar so if it has the fat product then it will take longer to break down in your system. Also, they say I can eat 1 serving of icecream each night and it won't hurt anything. Kind of scary, huh?

So, we will see how this works. I go back in 3 months and I will see what they say then. 2 days down with the pills, the next three months to go.

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...