Thursday, July 30, 2009

Looking around

It just kind of hit me that July will be over Saturday. Somehow I missed the email from my friend Megan on the 25th reminding me that there was only 5 months until Christmas.

Anyway, I have been taking the vitamin suppliments for almost 2 weeks now and I haven't missed a dose. There have been a couple of times I took them late but have done well. I have also not had a Soda in 5 days. Do you know how hard that has been? McDonald's has all their beverages on sale for $1.00 right now. But, alas, I have not had any.

Food wise I am still struggling. Everything food wise I have learned over the years about losing weight has shifted since I went to this Integrative Medicine doctor. What I thought was good for me to lose weight they are saying is not good because it has too much Omega-6 in it. Or with a potato I should eat it with butter and sourcream so that the potato doesn't break down so quickly and turn right to sugar. Then it says I should eat more complex carbs but then I'm told that I shouldn't eat breads and pasta's and things. I AM SO CONFUSED.

I have been to the gym 2 times this week. I only did 6 miles on the stationary bike on Tuesday and I did arm exercises, 4 miles on the bike and got in the hottub last night. I am still frustrated with my shoulder. I wanted to see how it did when I did the arms. It hurts today but not too bad.

My friend had her surgery last week and is slowly feeling better but they found more spots in her stomach area then they thought. And her doctor is perplexed since none of the cancer showed up on the PET Scan. I don't know how the biopsy turned out on the other areas. I pray it turns out with some good news.

Another busy weekend planned. Don't think I will get to the gym but I am trying to go to the farmer's market on Saturday and walking around there might help with some exercise. Then Putt Putt Saturday night. Should be fun.

Well, that is kind of where I am at. Last year I had just hit my 100 pound weight loss mark and was so excited to see where things went. This year has been a really hard part of my journey. Between my friend's cancer, my mom's health and my brother and sister-in-law basically shutting us out of their lives it has been trying. I want so badly to lose the rest of this weight but am struggling a lot and don't know what it is going to take to get me there. Please continue to pray. I know you do and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. With God and your prayers I will get there.

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...