Wednesday, January 20, 2010

He Is by Mark Shultz

As I left church tonight I was pretty down. Obviously I am still working through mom passing away in December, I found out today that my 101 year old Grandma has been put in a nursing home because of her health and my friend, Penny, is not doing well. I am struggling with my shoulder pain and still in the running for the achilles tendon surgery in March. I am also so disgusted with myself because I am reverting to the horrible way of eating that I have done in the past instead of facing up to my stress and sadness and fear. Only this time it seems to be worse. Saturday I cooked an entire bag of those mini premade cookies that all you have to break apart and bake. I ATE EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!! Then yesterday I ate 2 cookies and icecream from Dairy Queen and a lot of other stuff. Today I ate 3 pieces of corn bread, a cookie, a bag of jelly beans and a piece of cheesecake and many other things.

Well, when I was driving home the below song came on the radio. What a message from God. Now if I can just turn to Him and not food then maybe I will get somewhere.

Mark Schultz - He Is From the album Come Alive
Father let the world just fade away
Let me feel Your presence in this place
Lord I've never been so weary
How I need to know You're near me
Father let the world just fade away
'Til I'm on my knees
'Til my heart can sing
He is
He was
He always will be
Even when it feels like there is no one holding me
Be still, my soul
He is
Father let Your Holy Spirit sing
Let it calm this storm inside of me
As I stand amazed
Lift my hands and say
He is
He was
He always will be
He lives
He loves
He's always with me
Even when it feels like there is no one holding me
Be still my soul
Through every fear
And every doubt
In every tear I shed
Down every road I'm not alone
No matter where I am
He is
He was
He always will be
He lives
He loves
He's always with me
Even when it feels like there is no one holding me
Be still my soul
Be still and know
Be still my soul
He is
Label: Word / Curb / Warner Bros.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Karen - You have a lot on your plate these days, and many of those are very stressful. However, we can't allow stress to take root and control our health. I don't know about you - but when I'm stressed I find myself looking for comfort in food. However recently, I've challenged myself to repeat a verse to myself, when I find myself looking for comfort from food. II Corinthians 12:9-10 is a great reminder of God's grace to face trials, or hardships.

Hang in there. Daily remind yourself that He IS - eventually it will just come second nature, and you will see God work. Just have faith.

~Megan

gretchen said...

That is a beautiful song. You should download it if you don't have it and play it over yourself as a prayer. I know that helps me at times.

Peace to you today.

Karen said...

Thanks ladies. I have to take it one minute at a time. Not even one day. Then if I make a bad choice in food I need to accept it and then move on and not say, "well I have messed up so I might as well eat bad the rest of the time". Yes, Megan, I do turn to food as my comfort. I will look up the verse and put it on my computer as well.

It is very stressful but this is when I need to learn how to handle it without turning to food. Life always has stress in some form or another and I can't use food to take care of it. That just makes things worse.

God Bless,
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...