Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The two days before Thanksgiving

Twas two days before Thanksgiving
The first months of my life change
Already starting to be nervous
Because of my low calorie range

I know with God's help
I will probably do well
But if I go overboard
I've got to not dwell

But worrying now is just not right
God wants us to trust Him in all we do
So I will be praying for guidance
For me and for all of you

Because we all need His direction
In all of lifes many ways
So lets let Him take the lead
And follow Him all our glorious days

Karen
11/20/07

So, I know that this is a cheesy poem but it is how I feel. I am already obsessing with my eating on Thanksgiving and I don't want to do that. I know that with His strength I can be successful and make the smart choices. But it is still scary.

I was just thinking about how quickly life can go by. Today would have been my friend, Beth's, 41st birthday!!! Some of you know Beth. She passed away about 19 years ago. It still seems like yesterday. There are things I do that make me think of her. There is a box of "Karen's Favorite Stuffed Animals" in my garage and I know that in there are two matching bunny rabbits. When our youth group went to Washington D.C. one year Beth and I bought the matching bunnies so that we would know we each had one. When she passed away her mom asked me if there was anything that I wanted of Beth's. The first thing I thought of was the bunny. I put a ribbon around it's neck so I would know which one was hers and now they both sit in a box in my garage. It is still precious to me but the memory of Beth is so much more important than a stuffed animal. I know that Beth would have been proud of me for my weightloss. She was a wonderful friend. She put up with my grumpy selfishness that I had through out my teen years. (Those who know me now, I really have changed!!!! I was a lot worse then).

Okay, so this was a long post and very reflective. I go again in a week for another official weigh in. I pray that it is good. With my cold and stomach problem I have not done a full workout since last Monday night so I am going tonight and will hopefully be able to breath while I am doing the treadmill.

Anyway, I will let you know how I do on Thursday. If you know Christ please keep me in your prayers. If you don't know Him this would be a great time to get to know Him. We owe everything that we have to Him. I, for one, am very thankful for that!!!!

God bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...