Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Had a good birthday

I know that I tend to be more of a negative person a lot of time so sometimes it takes God to place something right in front of me for me to see it. Today was my birthday. It was a very good day. Here is a little timeline:
-They had an employee breakfast this morning
-Mom called me at 8:10 to wish me happy birthday
-Sue, from church called to wish me happy birthday
-Every one at work was wishing me a happy birthday and I got a few birthday hugs.
-Several of my friends emailed me to wish me happy birthday
-Around noon I looked up front to see my friend, Penny, and her three kids stopping by to give me pictures that the kids had drawn and a dozen red roses (my General Manager wanted to start rumors as to where the flowers came from)
-My cousin and my aunt both called to wish me happy birthday
-My office bought me a cake and sang happy birthday
-A friend gave me a $100 gift card to a day spa so that I could get my hair highlighted for my birthday/almost losing 100 pounds by my birthday.
-My friends at the gym wished me a happy birthday and want to get together to do something
-I don't think I got eliminated from the Biggest Loser but I need to step it up (prayers please)
-The choir sang to me at church
-My friend, Heidi, who has the same birthday gave me a great card.
-Several of us went to get icecream after church (I got sugar free/fat free)

So, as you can see, God has truly blessed me with so many special people in my life. When I start to feel sorry for myself I need to remember this post!!! There were other things that happened good today too but this post is long enough.

Lord, thank you for the special friends you have brought into my life!!! I am so thankful. Please forgive me for the times that I feel sorry for myself and help me to remember this special day when I start. There are a couple of people that I would have loved to have heard from and I didn't but you have a reason. Thank you again for your love through these special people.

In Christ,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...