Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's the little things

I did not want to go to the gym last night. I was reading a good book and was tired so I just wanted to go home and do nothing. Well, I forced myself to go anyway. I knew I would regret it if I didn't go.

When I got there I had one of the trainers do my measurements again so I could put off working out. Okay, I have noticed my angel wing arms seem to be getting smaller so I was curious to see if it was wishful thinking or really happening but the putting off working out was part of it too.

So, guess what? It wasn't wishful thinking. I lost 1 inch off my arm from the end of July until today. Pretty cool huh? It is the Body Burn class I am taking on Wednesdays plus the hard arm workout. I love it. So, over all since I started this journey I have lost 62.25 inches. That is a lot. Still a lot to go but it is working.

By the way, I ended up doing some cardio then I did the beginner step class!!!! WOW!!! I am sore today and how do you keep up with the "L" step thingy while going from one side of the step to the other? I am not coordinated for that.

Tonight is kickboxing and body burn so I should be pretty sore again tomorrow but it is a good sore.

God bless,
Karen

4 comments:

gretchen said...

That is amazing--I am so glad you went to the gym. And I totally feel you with the step--my sister used to have me get up at 6 a.m. to do step reebok in college and I was ALWAYS tripping over the box. I resorted to doing the motions on the ground MINUS the step. ;) Have a great day!

Karen said...

I can't believe you did that stuff at 6 a.m. I can't even comprehend that time of the morning.

Tonight I did Kickboxing and Body Burn again. I am TIRED!!!

Thanks again for all the encouragment.

God Bless,
Karen

gretchen said...

I can't believe I did it at 6 a.m. myself (only because my older sister made me)--I could NEVER do that now.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Karen, for doing it even when you didn't want to! That's kind of how I feel about getting on the treadmill in the morning. But I'm always glad when I have done it. And then to find out you have shrinking measurments...What a plus! Keep it up, girl!

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...