Sunday, September 21, 2008

God answers prayers

Okay, so if you know me you know that Karen Kingsbury and Dee Henderson are my favorite authors of all time. Karen's new book was coming out this Tuesday. (Don't tell but a friend found it early at a store here and bought it.) I picked it up last night from her and finished reading it this morning at 9:45am. It was FANTASTIC. I concluded a 14 book series of the Baxter family and it was just what I needed to read.

So, anyway, on my way to church I was talking to God as I drove. I prayed that He would have me get more excited to read His word then I am for Karen or Dee's books. That I would crave it the way that I do the other books. Then I also asked if He would show me something special in the message today.

Well, not only did he give me a message, he actually had my pastor write the message just for me. Now, before you get to thinking I am thinking I am better than anyone I am not. It just seemed like this message was written exactly for me. The message centered around being in God's word. One of the things my pastor said was something along the lines of no matter how good a book it that God's word is so much more important and another book should not stop me from spending time in God's word.

So, see, He really did answer that prayer. I guess you had to be there to really know what I am talking about but...

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...