Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Running Outside

Tonight Josh did the workout and about 10 minutes into it he mentioned what degree it was outside. I told him that it was way to hot out and he said he wasn't concerned about the heat so I told him it was around 20 degrees out with a strong wind and we could catch a severe cold. I knew what he was up to. We were going outside to finish our workout. Now, in April I joked about going outside and we ended up going out. The weather was beautiful so it was pretty nice. In our parking lot there is a "short" Island and a "long" Island (they are areas with trees in the middle of the parking lot so people don't race through the lot). Anyway, in April I could barely make it to the "short" island at a very slow jog.

The few times we went out I finally almost made it to the "long" island at a run but never quite made it. Well, tonight I made it all the way to the "long" island at a jog, turned around, ran 1/2 way back, slowed to a walk and then with the entire class already at the start cheering me on, I ran the last leg of the run. Then we did a lot more things to the "long" island. I was VERY excited. But the best part was when I was doing something towards the end of the class Josh came by me and said, "I am so proud of you Karen." I know that this journey is not about what people think of me but getting healthy and honoring God but I am telling you that the encouragement from a person who knew how unhealthy I was in February and see where I am at now really makes a difference.

Thanks God for putting people in my life who encourage me to continue. Especially when I am struggling. Thank you that even though I have not lost a lot of weight I am losing inches. In Jesus Name, Amen.

God Bless,
Karen

2 comments:

gretchen said...

And you should know your Heavenly Father is so very proud of you as well! I love when He uses the mouthpiece of others in our life to affrim and encourage us along in our journey. Way to go Karen!

Karen said...

Thanks for the wonderful words. I don't know how He hasn't given up on me yet but He still shows His love all the time.

God Bless,
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...