Friday, September 12, 2008

God's Many Blessings

I just read my friend, Gretchen's, Blog and was reminded how blessed I truly am. There is a family that I always talk about that have "adopted" me and Gretchen is part of that family. She, Jamie and their three beautiful girls live in Minnesota so I only get to see them a couple of times a year but through her blog I am able to keep up with what my "neices" are doing. The oldest daughter started 2nd grade already and the middle one just started kindergarten. I can't believe they are that old already. They are growing up so fast. Though they only see me a couple of times a year they still know who I am and make me feel special whenever they are around.

There is another 11 kids in this family that, thanks to God's placement, I get to see all the time. I went to Penny's the other day and her 19 month old daughter saw me coming up the sidewalk and started yelling at me through the upstairs window. When I walked into the house she was at the bottom of the stairs and threw her arms up for me to pick her up. When she sees me at church she will come to me and sometimes won't go to anyone else. Now, I know that pride is a terrible thing but it sure makes me feel special when she does that. : ^ ) Her 4 year old big sister just started pre-school this week and also got to go to Explorers. She was so excited. Her 3 year old brother is trying to learn to potty train because he knows he can't go to "Cubbies" or pre-school if he doesn't go in the big boy potty and the newest one is 2 1/2 weeks old already.

Then you have the family of Tim and Polly. The oldest will be 16 on Sunday!!!!!! How did that happen. He is a fantastic young man and I can't wait to see what God has in store but how he got to be 16 already is beyond me. His 11 year old brother started middle school this year. WOW. He and I are a lot alike. We like similar things and we both love to talk. The middle boy is 10 and gets to be homeschooled this year. He told his grandma that there would be some sad girls this year since he wouldn't be in school. Gotta love him!!!! Then little Anna who just turned 6. I got to watch her get on the bus for Kindergarten this year. I was so proud of her. She is such a beautiful young lady and I am so proud of her and then there is the youngest. He is 3 and learning to walk again after having a broken leg. He seems to be my buddy right now and I love it. The funny thing though is that when he sees me the first thing out of his mouth is "can I have bubblegum?"

Then last but not least are Katie and D.J.'s kids. The oldest is 10 and she is beautiful. Everyone says she is just like her Aunt Polly but looks like her mom. She is so smart and doing great in school. She and her cousin Philip are great friends. Finally is the sports star of the entire family. He can pretty much play any sport he tries and do it well. I know that he has an amazing future ahead of him in sports.

Well, as you can see God has truly blessed me. All of those kids are amazing and so special. They all have different talents and personalities but yet they light up my days everytime I think of or see them.

Thank you God for the special blessings in my life. Whenever I feel down you remind me of the gifts that you have given me. This day it is in the form of 14 very amazing, wonderful children and their parents and Grandparents. Please bless each one of them and hold them in your arms as they go about their day.

God Bless,
Karen

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Awwwww...Karen that is very sweet. We are blessed with an amazing family. We are missing our Ohio family today especially with the countdown to the big game approaching...YIKES--Go Bucks!

Karen said...

Kick off in a couple of minutes!!! This is a scary game.

I meant every word of my post!!!!

See you in November.

Love,
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...