Wednesday, January 21, 2009

God is definately in Control

As you know, my friend is battling an ugly disease, cancer. I won't go into details but we found out good and bad news today.

Over the next few months she will be undergoing a lot of treatments. Next week being one of the biggest ones.

A few months ago I realized that I still had 5 vacation days left before March 14th, my 9th anniversary. I looked at the calendar and thought of a few weeks to use it. I finally settled on the week of January 25th. See where I am going with this? God knew in advance that my friend would be having these treatments next week and worked it out so that I would be available the entire week except for a two hour window on Monday to help in any way that I was needed.

He has also given me the opportunity to show His hand in all this. A few people have said how funny it is that I took the same week off that I would be needed. I was able to explain that God knew I would need to take that week off and there was nothing strange about it.

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for your hand in everything. Thank you for the encouraging news about Penny. We know that it will be a long struggle and that the danger is not over for her but I thank you for what you have done so far. Thank you for giving me next week off so that I could be available to help whereever I am needed. Please continue to watch over Penny and her family. The fight she has ahead of her will be long and hard but we can see there is hope!!! In Jesus' Name, Amen

God Bless,
Karen

1 comment:

gretchen said...

Karen, I am a little behind in my blog readings, but I just love this...God is so intimately involved in every detail and that can give us hope. Thanks for sharing and thanks for helping out.

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...