Thursday, January 22, 2009

Health by choice

As you have read in the last few emails my friend Penny is going through a cancer diagnosis. It is not good but thank the Lord, could be worse.

Well, it has made me stop and realize something. (Shouldn't have taken this but sometimes God has to use something big to get my attention). Penny has no control over her health. What is happening to her is for a reason and we may never know it but she did not ask for it and none of us want to see her go through it. This is a disease that comes out of no where and the only thing that can be done is what the doctors have learned and if God chooses to heal then he will. But Penny can only do what the doctor is asking her to do.

I, however, am still at a seriously unhealthy weight and though my vitals, heart and general health is good right now every day I remain overweight I am risking that health. The difference is that I have a choice. I am not overweight because of some disease. I am overweight because of making poor choices and using my experiences growing up as an excuse to hide. I, with God's help, can lose this weight and get healthy. I have that choice and that ability. I don't need the doctors to give me medicine or any of that stuff. I just need to make better decisions.

Lord, thank you for showing me that my health is a choice. I, with your help, can lose this remainder of weight and get to a healthy weight so that I can accomplish so much more for you. Please continue to show me that my health is a choice. There are so many out there who don't have the option to get healthy. Help me to stop making excuses and start losing this weight again. You continue to show me that my weight loss is doing good for others as well. Please continue to be with Penny and her family. Please, if it is your will, heal Penny of this disease that she has no control over. Thank you that you are a loving and all powerful God who can work miracles. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

If you have an issue that you can control to get healthy please don't wait until a friend get's sick and has no control. Take the step to make the changes necessary to get healthy now.

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...