Thursday, January 8, 2009

Shoulders and weather

It has been awhile since I posted. Not a lot going on. The New Year was a good one. I only had to work until 11:30pm and got in my front door at 11:59pm and 46 seconds. I got to see the ball drop for 14 seconds. No one did anything this year. Clayton was in Arizona with his band and so it seemed that nothing got organized. We were all home and most in bed by like 12:05am.

I have been going to the gym regularly but not really pushing it. On the 20th of December I hurt my shoulder and it is still bothering me big time. I am heading to an orthopedic doctor in a few minutes. He will probably tell me that it is just a slight injury and I will have to deal with it. I just don't want to injure it more but it sure is hindering me from working out. I tried to do bootcamp on Saturday and did some pushups. It hurt really bad after and then I tried to do some shoulder raises Tuesday and it hurts again. I haven't done the barbell class since the 20th and I only do the bike and elliptical because I hold on with the treadmill and it pulls the shoulder. We start the Biggest Loser again in February and I really want to do it but if my shoulder is not well I don't know.

Last night I didn't get to the gym because we are having some sleet and snow. I made Clayton walk me to my car from church because it was really slippery. Maybe it will be good to take the days off. Then Saturday when I go back my body will be ready for a good workout?

Anyway, that is what is happening in my world. I am reapplying to the Biggest Loser for Season 8. I watched the new season start on Tuesday and it scares me to see if I can do that. Josh, one of my trainers, confirmed that I could do it. I wish I believed in myself as much as others do sometimes.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for all that you bring into my life. If this shoulder injury is something that you brought to slow me down please help me to see that. If you are trying to get me to totally rely on you and not the gym or anything else please help me to see that too. Thank you for the people in my life. Help me to see myself the way that you and others see me.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

God Bless,
Karen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope your appt. went well yesterday...I have to tell you those trainers on biggest loser are some of the scariest trainer people I have ever seen! I just started a blog so it has been fun finding all my friends on here! I hope your shoulder heals quick.

Karen said...

Thanks Philip!!! The appointment went okay. 3-4 more weeks of discomfort but then it should heal 100%.

I hear congratulations are in order for you and Gina?!!!! YEA. Can you move back so I can be "Aunt" Karen to another baby?

God Bless,
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...