Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Sometimes He Calms the Storm"

Several years ago I worked at a Christian Bookstore in a part time capacity. Since I have been at my current part time job for 12 1/2 years it has been a really long time. Anyway, there was a CD by a new artist named Scott Krippayne. I loved the CD and bought the demo copy. I had not listened to it in years, however. So, when I put it in my CD player a couple of weeks ago it was like hearing a new CD all over again. The songs are all wonderful. But, one has really stood out to me over the last week. I have put the words below.

The song is called "Sometimes He Calms the Storm". As Christians we are not promised a perfect life. We are just promised that no matter what this life brings, Christ will be with us through it all. This last week has really taken me to places of discouragment but then I feel God "holding me" . Not only is my friend, Penny, and her family going through this cancer diagnosis but my uncle, who I grew up near, is on life support in a hospital in New Orleans because of COPD. The only thing I can do in this situation is turn it over to Him and be still and know that when the winds are whipping that He is holding me tight in His arms.

I pray the words of this song help you as much as they are helping me.

God Bless,
Karen

All who sail the sea of faith
Find out before too long
How quickly blue skies can grow dark
And gentle winds grow strong
Suddenly fear is like white water
Pounding on the soul
Still we sail on knowing
That our Lord is in control
Sometimes He calms the storm

With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn’t mean He will
Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm
And other times He calms His child
He has a reason for each trial

That we pass through in life
And though we’re shaken
We cannot be pulled apart from Christ
No matter how the driving rain beats down
On those who hold to faith
A heart of trust will always
Be a quiet peaceful place

1 comment:

Meg said...

Amen! Amen! Amen!

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...