Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Breaking hearts

It's hard to even know where to start. I know I have mentioned my friend, Penny, who is going through Cervical Cancer. Well, she went in for internal radiation and the doctor told her husband that the treatments are not working. They are going to try something "outside the box"

I know that we can't give up hope and I know that the Lord is in this but my, along with countless others, heart is breaking. I've been through the loss of two very good friends before and it was hard. My friendship with Penny goes so much deeper than Terry or Beth's ever did. We are all praying for a miracle. God can perform one if that is what He wants.

We also have a guy who isn't that old in our church who has struggled with several medical problems. Well, his heart is failing and he will probably not make it very much longer.

Some how in all this since yesterday I have lost 5 pounds. (I figured I have cried off about 3 pounds and will probably get rid of at least a couple more before the night's over).

Dear Heavenly Father, you know this situation. You allowed it to happen exactly the way it is unfolding. We trust you and know that no matter what you choose Penny will never be loved any more by us then she already is by you. We also know that you love each one of us and will help us get through this time. We will surely be leaning on you harder than anything we have experienced. At least I know I will. Thank you for being there. Please be with Penny, Dustin and the kids. Please continue to comfort then and be with the rest of the family. Please hold them in your loving embrace and give them peace even in this hard time. In Jesus' Name, Amen

God Bless,
Karen

1 comment:

Meg said...

Amen! Amen! Amen!

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...