Monday, March 16, 2009

The Economic Crisis

Okay, if you all know me you know that I do not like politics and I try to stay out of any political discussion because frankly, it is hard to trust them. I do realize that we are all human and running a country has got to be hard work and that you are not going to always make the right decisions but....

When I read articles about companies that have received billions of dollars in taxpayer bailout money and then they pay out bonuses to the executives and send $105 billion to banks that are in France and other countries I get a little frustrated. Now I understand about contracts and I am not in the executive's positions but I would think that if you were working for a company that was needing to be bailed out by the taxpayers wouldn't you even consider not accepting your bonus for the year? Especially if you already bring home a 6 figure salary. Okay, maybe I am being a little idealistic but I am looking at those of us who are barely making ends meet and whose company will be cutting hours for us hourly people and it kind of makes me frustrated.

I know that these executive's worked hard for their position. I don't want to take anything away from them but it is just so sad that all this money that we, as taxpayers, are giving them they want to send to out of the country banks.

Okay, I could vent for a while longer but I will stop for now.

Dear Heavenly Father, You have placed each of us exactly where you want us and I thank you for that. Please help me to remember that you are with me when I don't see the money coming in. Please also help me to remember that those in the banking industry that are receiving the bonuses and in government are your children too. I pray that if it is your will that some may even use those bonuses to help those in this country who are really struggling. Out of all this, please help at least one person who has made unethical and especially unbiblical choices to surrender his or her life to you. Thank your for all you give to each of us every day. In Jesus' name, Amen

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...