Monday, May 19, 2008

A defeatist's attitude

About 15 years ago I had started losing weight and had almost reached the 300 pound mark. I was a few pounds away. Then I gained it all back and an additional 50 pounds to reach my starting weight of this current journey.

Well, I am struggling again. I am almost at the 300 pound mark and today I told someone that mentally I just want to quit. I don't think I will but just having that feeling is really messing with my mind. I didn't do great again this weekend and have actually put on about 5 pounds. Instead of losing weight I am going backwards and it doesn't really take much for me to gain that weight.

One of the things I need to do is stay away from the scale. If I can do that until my birthday then maybe I will surprise myself.

Even trying on my "before" jeans and being able to take them off without unbuttoning them didn't excite me that much. Boy am I in a HUGE RUT.

Well, that's all since I don't want to cry at work and my eyes are tearing up from frustration.

God bless,
Karen

2 comments:

gretchen said...

DOn't be defeated--God is accomplishing so much in you and through you...hugs from MN!!!!!

Karen said...

Thank you very much Gretchen. I am doing better today. I think a lot of people must have been praying.

I may be a little scared too since I have had a few people tell me I am their inspiration and that scares me.

I will take all the hugs you want to give too!!!
God Bless,
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...