Monday, May 5, 2008

Why are weekends so hard

Okay. I know that I have posted my struggle about eating on Sundays. The thing I can't figure out is why I feel the need to overeat on the weekends all together? I take 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. (I know, I am still gaining a step but...). Friday night I ate a salad from Subway at 5pm then after I got off work at 7pm I was driving around. I was driving around and about 8pm or so I stopped and got a cheeseburger and fries. Now, did I need that? No!!! Was I hungry? No!!! I was feeling sorry for myself because I was spending, yet again, another Friday night alone. So I prayed and mentioned to God that I was so tired of spending Friday and Saturday nights alone. 5 minutes later my friend, Tiffany, called and invited me to her house to hang out with some people for awhile.

Then Saturday I got up and went to the Zumbathon at the gym. I attempted to do Zumba for 2 hours to raise money for Breast Cancer research. For breakfast I had a granola bar. Then I had some fruit after we were done. But then... I got lunch around 2pm at a mexican restaurant. Now, did I pick a low-fat fajita meal or something? No, I ordered the 4 enchilada meal. Now, I did leave off the sour-cream and only ate 4 chips with salsa but... So, thinking that would be the overeating of the day I went about my business. Well, my friend Gina and I went to see a movie (Made of Honor which was pretty good) and I promptly ate 1/2 of a bag of movie popcorn with butter. Okay, do you think I stopped there? No, after the movie, since I didn't consider popcorn to be dinner food, I stopped at Wendy's and ordered the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe with just onion and light ketchup, a $1.00 fry and a large diet coke. When I got home they had given me the bacon cheeseburger without the cheese and no onion. Of course I ate it all at 9:30pm.

So, my Saturday is done. Did I learn my lesson? No. Sunday arrives and I eat a bowl of Total with Cranberries in Skim Milk for breakfast. Not bad but for lunch Heidi, Penny and I go to Olive Garden. Now I did order the low-fat pasta pomadora thingy and only ate 1/2 of it but that is because I ate the breadstick and a small plate of salad smothered in their Italian Dressing and some parmesan cheese. Then, of course, my "on my way to church" dinner stop had to take place at 4:30pm. I stopped at White Castle and got a bag of fries (normally I get a small but I accidentally ordered the bag and did I only eat a few? No, I polished off the bag) and (2) cheeseburgers with no pickles and a large diet coke. Then I went to church and after that we went to Polly's and I had (2) pieces of pizza, a breadstick and tiny bite of a brownie.

Okay, so back to my original question. Why do I overeat on the weekends?

Please pray for this situation. I know that I have to give myself some slack or I will completely go off the wagon but I also need to be more careful. Yes, there are things in the above that I did make okay choices on and I did walk around my community twice yesterday so I probably walked off one of the breadsticks but it is just so frustrating.

Thanks for listening.
God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...