Friday, May 9, 2008

A Little Insight

Okay, another new eye-opening moment. If you know me well then you know my history. If you don't I will give you a quick overview:

My parents seperated when I was 7 months old, divorced when I was 1 1/2 and mom, my brother and I moved to Central Ohio when I was 5. In the time I was still in Dayton I saw my dad some but his new wife didn't like my brother and I. When I was 8 he came up to visit us for Christmas (the "new" wife was out of the picture by then) and stayed for a little while. The day after Christmas we took him to a little airport near my old house and he hugged us, kissed us, told us he would write and call as often as he could and then got in his little airplane and I never heard from him again until I was 25. I found him, wrote a letter, he wrote back once and that was it. So, 15 years later I have not heard from him again.

Okay, so why, you ask, did I explain all of that to you? Well, a lot of my struggle with my weight has to do with his promises and ultimate rejection. I have closed myself off from letting people get close to me so that they can't hurt and abandon me like the one person I was supposed to trust did.

So, onto my next revel. I LOVE TO READ. Are you wondering where I am going with this? Well, I will explain. I read Christian Romance Novels. I take them everywhere with me. I have one in my purse at all times. I even read at stoplights if I know the timing. Well, I was at work tonight and reading my latest novel and came across a paragraph that ties these two ramblings together. It is from a book by author Irene Brand and called "Made for Each Other". I will write the paragraph below and you will see the eye opening event for me.

Jesus had been rejected over and over, yet He had perserved and hadn't closed His heart to other people because His own family and peers wouldn't accept Him.

See where I am going with this? So many people rejected Christ and yet He still loved us enough to die on a cross for us. Yes, I have been rejected by some very important people in my life but I HAVE NOT been rejected by a lot more people then have rejected me. It has taken me 40 years to see this. But the biggest thing is that even if I am rejected by everyone here on earth (Lord willing that will never happen but...) I will NEVER be rejected by Christ!!!! He loves me no matter what happens here. That knowledge brings me to humble tears!!!

Thank you God for loving me. Thank you for showing me your love through your son and through those you have brought into my life when I open my eyes and accept that love.

God bless,
Karen

2 comments:

gretchen said...

What a great revelation..Praise the Spirit for His guidance to truth--I pray it empowers you in your continued journey!!!

Karen said...

Thanks Gretchen. It is amazing what He uses to get our attention and speak to us. We just have to keep our eyes and heart open.

God Bless,
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...