Wednesday, October 8, 2008

John 5 Question

If you notice at the top of my journey I have added the question, "Do you want to be well?" This comes from the passage out of John 5 that I have placed below. 3 years ago, when I was 38, our pastor spoke on this passage and it really hit me hard. One of the things that was pointed out in this passage is that in that time, if you were an invalid you probably made a pretty good living by begging and if you were healed then that income would go away. The man made several excuses as to why he couldn't make it into the healing pool to get well.

I feel that God is asking me this same question. "Do you want to get well?" This weight struggle has not only been physical but emotional as well. I have done well up until July but as most of you know, have struggled with the same habits I had before I started this journey. I need to stop and examine this question. God has really laid it on my heart again, even stronger than the first time. The obvious answer is yes but am I being truly honest? I don't know. I do know that I am spending more time in His word and I know that is a step in the right direction.

God Bless,
Karen

John 5
The Healing at the Pool 1Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for a feast of the Jews. 2Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda[
a] and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. 3Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed.[b] 5One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"

7"Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me."

8Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk." 9At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked. The day on which this took place was a Sabbath, 10and so the Jews said to the man who had been healed, "It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat."

11But he replied, "The man who made me well said to me, 'Pick up your mat and walk.' "
12So they asked him, "Who is this fellow who told you to pick it up and walk?"
13The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there.


14Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." 15The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...