Saturday, October 25, 2008

Missions, Bootcamp and Biggest Loser

Well, today was a very cold day outside in the land of the midwest. And, guess what we had today at the gym? An outdoor "Fitness on a Mission" fundraising event. It started at 9am with a pump and run contest which my friends Sherry and Lisa participated in. They did great!!! Sherry came in third and Lisa came in fourth. I was so proud of them. Then it was the "Biggest Outdoor Bootcamp". Not just for the Biggest Loser contestants but for everyone so it was real. I think I did pretty well. I am pretty tired right now though.


Then we had the team competition for the Biggest Loser. So, we started by high-stepping over some mini-cones with a pole across them, shuffling over these things, hopping over very little hurdles (I still had trouble), carrying 4 tires around three boxing thingies and putting them on a pole and then, the finale. We had to do an inflatable obstacle course. Okay, I have to be honest, it scared the daylights out of me!!!! We had to go through a hole, climb over a wall that was about 3-4 feet tall (don't know how tall but...), run through a smaller hole, climb under or over or through another wall and then pull ourselves up this very little latter thing to a giant slide and come down. Wow, I didn't think I could do it but guess what? I made the entire thing in 2 minutes and 46 seconds. Now, I know that is a lot of time since the people who did a good job finished in around 50 seconds but I DID IT!!!! I even have an outside witness. My friend Penny and her 4 kids came and watched the competition!!! Thank you so much Penny. Here is a picture of something similar to the one we did. I couldn't find an exact one but you get the idea.


So, that was a fun time had by all and a lot of money raised for some great organizations.

Dear God, thank you for the sunshine you gave us today along with the safety. Thank you for allowing me to do something that I didn't believe I would ever be able to do. Thanks as well for Penny and her family. It was such a cold day but you still allowed her to come out and watch. You know how special that was to me. Amen


God Bless,

Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...