Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My afternoon at the spa

Well, the day at home didn't start well. Actually it started last night when I got home. My baby, Brandy, normally meets me at the door for her food with her sister, Brittany but last night she was not there. She did come down stairs but didn't eat anything at all. She has had end stage kidney failure since February 2005 and was only supposed to last 3 months. So, I figured it was time. I cried from the time I got home until I came home from the vet today. The vet thinks she has an infection and gave me an antibiotic and pain medicine. Then told me to give her extra liquid treatments because she was a little dehydrated. So, that is good news so far. (She still hasn't eaten and it is 7pm on Tuesday night but I am praying.)

Anyway, so I knew that the makeup artist would have her work cut out for her since I had cried for several hours. I arrived at 1:30pm and the camera man for the tv station came in a few minutes after. They put me in the lovely robes and had me sit in a chair and not smile so they could get my before picture. Then Michael colored my hair a dark brown and lightened my eyebrows. Then he cut my hair pretty short and styled it pretty funky. I don't think I will be able to duplicate it but... Then Phyllis took me in and waxed my eyebrows. Then she put a lot of makeup on me. It looked great though. She kept telling me how beautiful my eyes are and how long my eyelashes are.

Then I put my shirt back on, they found me a nice necklace and then Michael "puffed" my hair back into shape. Then the camera man had me sit in another chair and took an after shot of me. I had a big smile on my face. The good thing was that the salon people want me to come back and do it again when I make my goal weight. I thought that was pretty cool!!!

Then I went to the gym and everyone there thought it looked great. They all commented on my hair and a couple of the guys make really nice comments.

All in all it was a great time. I wish Brandy's health hadn't been hanging over my head but God has His reasons. The show will air on Monday sometime between 5pm and 6pm. Here is a picture.

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...