Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pets

These last few days have been very hard on me. I have a beautiful cat named Brandy Marie. She is around 14 years old and was diagnosed with end stage Kidney Failure in February 2005. She was given 3 months to live. It is now November of 2008. She has been doing so well. Even Monday morning she was eating fine.

When I came home Monday night she didn't meet me at the door and then when she came down she didn't eat. She hasn't eaten since Monday morning at 7am. I have taken her to the vet two times. Her kidney functions were good and her heart and lungs sounded good. So, the vet gave me an appetite stimulant. If that doesn't work then I will have to put her to sleep on Saturday.

It has been breaking my heart. I knew that this time would come but it is still so hard. She is my baby!!!! I don't know if you have pets or if you understand how special they are to me but she is my baby and I will miss her if I have to put her down.

The good thing is that she nibbled today on her food. I have her closed in a spare room with all the amenities a cat would ever need. She should be fine in there. Food is out. I had to put her in there because her sister would eat the food if I didn't and I wouldn't know if Brandy or Brittany ate.

Anyway, I pray that I have a little more time with her but if I don't that God will make it clear that it is the time.

God Bless,
Karen

2 comments:

Meg said...

Karen - As you know I'm not really a pet person. Animals are wonderful creations from God, and I prefer them in either that zoo or other people's homes. However, I know how much you love your cats. Therefore, I care that you are hurting because Brandy is ill. Hang in there!

~Megan

Karen said...

Thanks Megan,

I know some people don't understand but they are my babies.

She actually at last night and this morning so I am praying she is on the road to recovery. I know it won't be years she has left but still...

God Bless,
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...