Monday, November 24, 2008

A long way from last year

Well, it is Thanksgiving week again. I decided to look back at last years posts to try to remind me of where I was a year ago.

One of my biggest fears with this journey has been that I would fail or quit 1/2 way through. As most of you are reading you know that I have struggled a lot since July. I realized something last night though. I am the only one right now who feels that I will fail. God believes in me, the people at church believe in me, the people at work believe in me and my family believes in me. Why do I have to be the one who is sure I will fail? I guess I know my former self. I know where I have been and how I usually end up doing things. I usually end up giving up.

One of the reasons for this blog was to encourage others with my journey but the thing I need to do now is go back and see where my thoughts were when I was doing well. I can get there again. I know that God hasn't brought me this far for no reason. He has a plan and this struggle is a part of it. I just need to stop and listen to him and see what it is about.

I will do well, with his help. I know that I can make it through Thanksgiving without going overboard. If you want to pray that would be great though. I can use all the help I can get.

God bless,
Karen

3 comments:

Meg said...

Karen - I believe in you, you have made so much success that it is TOO LATE TO TURN BACK NOW!!!

As I was reading your blog two very familar bible verses came to me - Jer. 29:11 and Phillippians 4:13. You probably know them, but re-read them and put them into practice. In Jer. 29:11 replace the word "you" with "Karen", and in Phillippians 4:13 replace the words "I and me" with "Karen.

Keep going, keep leaning on the Lord, and if need be tell yourself "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can!!!"

~Meg

Karen said...

Thanks Meg. I will study those verses tonight!!! Thanks for the encouragment.

God Bless,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Just remember this, Karen - "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". Think of that as you're tempted to eat too much this weekend. Remember how you will feel emotionally after you eat too much, compared to how you will feel emotionally if you eat sensibly. And then remember that God smiles when you walk away. Praying He'll be smiling much...and so will you!

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...