Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Era

Well, I will admit that I do not like politics. I try to avoid them as much as possible. But I felt that I should document my feelings on the new era that the United States is getting ready to experience.

Last night the country elected it's first African American President. Now, the only reason I write it that way is because it is history. No matter how you look at it. And I will tell you that I did not vote for him not because of his race or anything else. If there had been a candidate that I believed based his/her beliefs on God's word then it wouldn't matter to me what race, color, or gender. I did not vote for him because there are too many questions about the people he associates with, his experience and especially his biblical beliefs. He is pro-abortion and pro-same sex marriage among other things. Now, I know that these topics are touchy and I am not writing this to offend anyone but the bible is clear on these issues and therefore I have to base my vote on that.

The other thing that scares me is as I was walking upstairs from taking the mail down I overheard the newscaster mention that he had received an email from someone in Iraq and that the Taliban is excited because now they can negotiate with the United States. How scary is that? That is just one example.

There are so many other reasons but I just listed a few. I know that God is in control and I know that there will be some people who will read this and not be happy with the post but as a Christian I feel the need to document about the changes in our country. And no matter what, this is our country. I love America, I love the freedom's that I receive and I love the fact that I have a choice. Sometimes the end result is not what I wanted but I know that somehow this next chapter can somehow end good and that God will be glorified. One of the ways is the way, we as Christians, handle our words, our actions and our witness.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the freedoms we have to choose. Though the election didn't turn out how the majority of the Christian population wanted we know that you are in control. Please be with Mr. Obama, guide him in his decisions and help him to come to know you as his personal saviour. Lord, please be with America. This country was founded on Christian principles and I pray that we would come back to those. Again, thank you for your hand in all of this. Amen

God Bless,
Karen

P.S. I guess the Redskins theory was accurate. The stat is 18-18 now.

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...