Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Facebook, Old Friends and the Steelers

As most of you who read this blog know there is this wonderful internet craze going around called Facebook. Now, I have to admit that when my friends started joining I thought they said "faithbook". Couldn't find it anywhere on the computer. Finally, I asked someone and they gave me the right address. So I joined. Didn't have a clue what I was doing but thought, okay, here is a way to keep in touch with my friends from church.

Little did I know that it would open a whole new world for me. I have been on it for about a year or so and have found many friends that I have not spoken to since high school and college. It has been such a blessing. I know that modern technology sometimes keeps us from spending time with God but I think that this can be used to glorify him and maybe introduce him to those who may never had heard anything about him.

I feel bolder when I am sending messages for some reason.

Probably the best part of this is the old friends. There have been 3-4 people that I haven't spoken to in a long time that were very special friends of mine. Time and life did not allow us to keep in touch but this has reintroduced us and for that I am very grateful.

If you are on facebook and I haven't "friended" you yet let me know. If you are not on facebook you should give it a try. It is not perfect and some of the ads on the side are not the greatest but the opportunity to reconnect with friends is amazing.

On a different note I just have to say GO STEELERS!!!!!! If you didn't know this either my Steelers won their 6th Superbowl Sunday. Only team in NFL history to win 6 Superbowls!!! I am very proud of them.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for modern technology. Lord, I think of the way people had to communicate when your son walked this earth in human form and to know that 2000 years later we can just turn on our computer and talk to a friend is amazing. Lord, please help us to use this technology to glorify you and not for reasons that would not be pleasing. In Jesus' name, Amen

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...