Monday, February 9, 2009

Weigh-In (not good) and Answered Prayer (EXCELLENT)

Okay, first the bad news. I weighed in tonight at 307.4. NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!! I did pretty well all day (I did eat bread pudding at lunch) until dinner tonight. I ate at White Castle because I was very hungry it was almost 8pm.

Tomorrow is another day and I will try again.

Okay, the good news. I bought a very pretty dress for my employee banquet on Thursday. The problem was that it is a sleeveless dress. So, today I decided to take it back since I couldn't make sleeves and a shawl would have driven me crazy. I stopped at Catherines to take some pants back and the girls at Catherines told me to try to find a sweater and not take my dress back. (It was from another store so it didn't benefit them). Anyway, I decided to stop at a local Thrift Store on my way to the gym. I went in, found the plus section and looked at EVERY black jacket/sweater they had. Finally, the last 3 I looked at there was one that was a short sweater in a 2X. I tried it on and it seemed to fit okay. So, I took it to the cashier and it wasn't the $3.99 listed but it was 1/2 off. That is right, not only did God send me to the Thrift Store but he gave it to me at 1/2 off. I took the dress and sweater to the gym to see the effect in a full length mirror. All the people who saw it so I guess it looks okay. So, the outfit I am wearing to my employee banquet cost me $18.12.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the Biggest Loser. Thank you that I am at a point that I see I need to lose this weight. Thank you also for making it clear that I should wear this dress. I know it is a small thing but thank you. In Jesus' name, Amen

God Bless,
Karen

3 comments:

Meg said...

Gotta love a deal!!!

gretchen said...

Woo hoo for deals!

Karen said...

Yep. Pretty excited.

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...