Friday, January 4, 2008

Goals

I had the dreaded evaluation today. Everything was pretty much the same as last time. Not a problem but one of the things I was asked to do was come up with some goals for this year in my job. Okay, to many that may not seem hard but to someone who has just "existed" for the last 40 years that is a difficult task.

My entire life all I have wanted or aspired to do is to make people like me but still do the minimum of what is needed. I have always thought that if I did more, then people would expect it and then if I failed they wouldn't like me anymore. So, do what I needed to just to get by and that was enough.

Losing weight has always been one of those things too. If I can lose weight then people are going to expect me to do other things like come up with some dreams and goals. That's where I am at right now. I'm losing the weight and I am SCARED TO DEATH!!!!! And now they want me to come up with some goals for my job. Where do I start? Okay, I know the answer to that. With Prayer. God is the beginning. I know He has the answer. I guess I am a little afraid of that too!!!

Well, I guess those are my thoughts for now. The good news, even though I am sad and scared, is that I didn't come home and binge eat. He is definately helping me with stress eating too.

God bless,
Karen

3 comments:

Jamie said...

In times of stress I love to read Psalms 46. In stillness, there is peace..even amongst dreaded goal-setting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jamie. I will read all of it tonight. I definately need that right now.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I think you would be suprised at how many people relate to your fears! You are doing a great job and you have to remember that sometimes a smile makes a difference in a persons life... when you think you just exsited on one day...that day you could have made some one feel like they exsited! Continued Health and Happiness!

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...