Thursday, January 24, 2008

Treadmills and Bad Knees

Okay, I went from work to home last night, ate a Lean Cuisine dinner (it was pretty good) and then headed over to the gym for a little cardio. I knew I didn't have enough time for a full workout but I wanted to get a little exercise in.

I have been using the Elliptical machine for a few weeks now and can only do about 6 minutes. I wanted to feel like I had accomplished something so I decided to do the treadmill. I am able to go for about 15 minutes (18 total with a cool down period).

Well, I hadn't realized how hard it was on bad knees. When I got home last night my knee was killing me. Plus, at 6 minutes on the Elliptical I go further than I go in 18 minutes on the treadmill.

The moral of the story is if you have bad knees, DO NOT USE THE TREADMILL.

God Bless,
Karen

1 comment:

DD said...

I can relate, my knees give me trouble. They will ache and sometimes swell. Even if I'm going to the mall, I will sometimes take Ibuprofen before we go! Isn't the Elliptical like a stair stepper? But a treadmill is just walking, so I'm wondering if it isn't more the elliptical that hurt your knees. I know an elliptical would burn off a lot of calories, but I have a feeling it would really hurt me. I try to use my exercise bike at home a lot, and I've found that my knees tolerate it better if I do three sets of 10 minutes, rather than trying to do 30 minutes all at once.

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...