Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sad day in Columbus

Well, the city is dressed in muted colors and the faces are long. Our beloved Buckeyes fell to the LSU Tigers last night in the National Championship college football game. If any of you watched this football game you know that the penalties really killed us. It was pretty frustrating and I stayed up way too late watching. Hoping in the back of my mind that we could come from behind and win. Oh well, as someone here said, "It was a great rebuilding year".

How crazy is it that our lives get so excited about a college football team and yet we don't get nearly as excited about God? One of my friends posted a comment on another post here the other day and gave me a bible verse to look at. In the middle of the game when I was so frustrated I decided that turning off the game and looking at the chapter was much more important. It was nice to keep remembering God's word even while watching a football game.

I pray that we all become more passionate about getting closer to God this year then even the Ohio State Buckeyes possible return to the National Championship game next year. I know that this is one of the things I plan to do.

By the way, I am really no closer to writing my goals or figuring out my dreams but I am not nearly as stressed about it because I know that with God helping me I will be able to come up with just the right ones.

On the weight loss front I am still losing (down 46 pounds). I tried to post a picture but my camera needs batteries so... Hopefully I will get some tonight and get a new picture posted.

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...