Monday, July 14, 2008

Sad/Happy times

Have you ever been so happy for someone yet personally wanted to sob your eyes out? There is a wonderful friend from church who was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. The doctors told her that if she didn't take chemo then she would probably only have a few months to live and if she took the chemo it would probably be less than 2 years. She opted for taking the chemo but it seems that God has other plans than the doctors.


She has taken a turn for the worse and the way things sound it doesn't look like it will be very long before she goes home to be with the Lord. That is the happy part for her. She will get to spend eternity in heaven!!! What an amazing thing!!!! She will not have to be in pain any more and knowing her, she will be having everyone up there singing patriotic songs and wearing red, white and blue.


For us it is amazingly sad. I can't begin to know what her family is feeling right now but I am sure it is sadness for the potential loss of this wonderful lady. For me, it is the loss of someone who has been one of my biggest cheerleaders during this weightloss journey. When I didn't think I would be able to finish the original program she stepped up and made sure that I would be able to. Whenever she sees me she asks me how it is going and when I tell her the pounds lost her face just lights up.
*************************************************************************************
I started this post yesterday but was too emtional to finish it. So I will now. The last thing I wanted to do last night was go to the gym and workout. I didn't want to be around anyone and didn't want to deal with my weight issue. But I went anyway because if my friend found out that I had missed working out because I was sad about her she would have yelled at me big time. So, I went and I worked out. I didn't stay as long as I normally do but I did the class and some cardio before the class. I will be back tonight.

Thanks for listening.
God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...