Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More Prayer needed - AGAIN

Okay, I am struggling big time right now. This seems to be my worst battle with eating that I have had so far in this journey and if you have been following my post's you know that this has to be bad!!!!

Saturday afternoon I ate 2 helpings of egg salad, pasta salad, a cupcake and more items. Then I went to my bosses house and ate shredded chicken, potato salad, cheese and a lot more stuff as well. And before that ate McDonalds. Sunday I ate a HUGE salad at Bob Evans, more McDonald's and many items when I got home. Monday I went to a Mexican restaruant and ate as many chips and salsa as I wanted plus the 4 enchilada dinner. Yesterday I made a mandarin orange cake and ate TWO big bites then I ate another one today and I had 3 barbecued chicken wings/riblets (don't ask) and a vegetarian egg roll and a small spoonful of rice.

Those are only some examples of what I ate. Oh yea, I forgot the milkshake and cheeseburger and fries from Steak and Shake last Friday and the icecream cone dipped in chocolate from Dairy Queen Sunday or Saturday.

See why I need prayer. I am ready to cry. People tell me that sometimes you have to treat yourself or have times like that but this has been going on for too long and I need to keep on track. I can't let things be an excuse to overeat. Today I am going to the Shining Star reception where there will be more fried food and then tonight is the final party for the Biggest Loser at the club with all kinds of food. ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

Yes, I know there is a lot of stuff going on in my life, but again, this is where I need to continue to turn to God and not food. I have used food for 40 years. I know it won't happen overnight but man this is discouraging right now. I know God is there and giving me all the tools I need but I seem to be acting like the spoiled child who wants to do what she wants and not listen to her parent who knows better.

Please pray.
Thanks,
God Bless,
Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Karen, this wasn't the best week in the world. Lots of temptations and reasons to eat. But that is past now. Look at those pictures. See how far you have come. You can't stop now!!! Maybe you need to fast for a day to get yourself under control again, or at least from morning until your dinner meal.

Rooting for you and praying, Peggy

Karen said...

Thanks Peggy. I am pretty frustrated because I ended up the month of July by hitting the 300.0 pound mark again.

I have started today doing well and I am going to try everything to take it one meal at a time and get back on track. I will pray about the fasting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Love in Christ,
Karen

gretchen said...

Will be praying...."confident that He who began the work is faithful to complete it". Don't give up.

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...