Thursday, December 27, 2007

Codependency...

...of or pertaining to a relationship in which one person is physically or psychologically addicted, as to alcohol or gambling, and the other person is psychologically dependent on the first in an unhealthy way.

The second part of the above definition is me. (Well, not the part of about alcohol or gambling) One of the things I have been saying from the beginning of this journey has been that if there is one person I can help through this then it will all be worth it. Well, here is a deep insight and I don't know how to handle it. I am struggling with feeling guilty to be happy and healthy. There is someone in my life that is very important to me and that person has never really been happy. This person has had a lot of things happen to them throughout their life and it has been hard on them. They have no self-esteem and I have struggled all my life with not wanting to be happy because I don't want to hurt them. I know that the person has made their life a lot more difficult then it could have been by the decisions they have made but I also feel responsible to that person and if I become healthy and happy with where I am at in my life, will that hurt the person even more?

I am sure that God doesn't want me to be miserable so that someone else doesn't feel even worse but I don't know how to handle it.

Any insights? I know in my head that I can not make someone happy. The only person I need to focus on is God but as the above mentioned codependent person my heart breaks for the other person.

Pretty deep huh? Keep praying for me okay? And pray for the other person too.

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...