Monday, December 3, 2007

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 (You are now caught up)

Okay, so it has been a few weeks since I have stopped by. Been really busy!!! Now that exercise is in the mix between my two jobs, exercising, volunteering at Otterbein, church and everything I just didn’t have time to journal. Things are going very well. I thought I would have to quit the program since I didn’t have the additional $150.00 to finish paying for it. But I can definitely see God’s hand in all this. He must really think I am ready. I was mentioning about the program at the ladies retreat last week and one of the ladies said, “oh, is that all you need?” and then wrote me a check for the $150.00. I don’t want to say her name but I can tell you that she is a wonderful and fun person. Then to just confirm that God really is in this with me one of my concerns has been clothing as I lose weight. Well, a lady who manages the gift shop here and in Cincinnati has a manager at the Cincinnati store that has lost 177 lbs so far. She bought clothes from thrift stores and various places along the way as she lost the weight and now her clothes are in her garage. I spoke with her on Monday and she is going to GIVE me all her old clothes!!! Not just loan them or sell them but give. How cool is that? I am pretty excited and she is my height so the clothes should fit great!!

So, as of my meeting last night I have lost a total of … drumroll please…. 25.5 pounds. Yea!! When I got to the meeting last night Katie, the dietician, was in another meeting so another lady and I were waiting. The scale was just sitting there waiting on me to step on it to see what kind of weight I had lost. I couldn’t resist. It said I had lost exactly 6 pounds from 13 days before. When Katie came in to weigh us I went to the scale again but jokingly took out my employee photo id and said it probably weighed something. Well, the scale then said I had lost 6.1 pounds!!! We laughed about my id weighing a 10th of a pound. I am 1/10th of the way to my goal. (If I look at it that way then it is not so overwhelming).

I am very excited about the loss so far. It seems like so much yet it seems like I am not seeing it physically. I think my face is thinner and my pants are more droopy then they were but I can’t really tell. But I am not scared of continuing. I know that God is really in this and He has something amazingly special in mind for me. Maybe it is just so someone can read this and trust Him to help make the changes in his or her life? Who knows? Cindy from the bakeshop here did call me over today and gave me a hug and said that she and Leanne are noticing how I am slimming down. That was an encouragement. When people start to see it that will be the fun stuff. The only thing I am worried about is that right now everyone is so encouraging and really making a big deal of it so I am getting a lot of positive attention but once I start to get to a healthy weight and things slow down and the weight loss becomes old hat then how will I feel? Am I only excited and doing well right now because people are noticing? That is where I will really need to rely on God to keep me going. He is the only one I should be worried about anyway but as a human being who has grown up trying to make people like me it will be hard to not have the human attention.

I guess I am borrowing trouble right now. One day and one meal at a time. That is all I can commit to.

Well, I guess that is it for right now. Hopefully the inspiration will hit to write more later. See ya soon.

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...