Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day after Christmas

Okay, be honest. How many of you thought I wouldn't make it successfully through the holidays without going overboard? 3 months ago I would have been the first person to raise my hand. You could never have told me that I would not over eat during the holidays and pig out on candy and cookies. Well, not only did I believe, with God's help, that I would successfully make it through but I did!!!

I ate more than the 1,500 calories yesterday but I did not go overboard. When I went to the gym this morning I weighed myself and had lost 1/2 of a pound. I am so thankful for God walking with me during this crazy, busy time.

The holidays are very special to me but they are also hard for me. 32 years ago today we took my dad to the airport so he could fly home and he hugged my brother and me and promised us that he would write and call and send gifts. 32 years later I have had one letter from him when I found him in Florida in my 20's. I love Christmas and what it symbolizes. Without Christ being born I would still be in a sad and depressed state (I still struggle with this sometimes when I start to feel lonely or take my focus off of God). Don't get me wrong. It hurts like crazy to have the one man in your life make promises to you when you are an 8 year old little girl and then just disappear. But I know that Christ has some very special things in store for me and my dad leaving will be used in that. I don't think God would have let me go through that without having a purpose for it.

Well, I pray that your Christmas was very special. Please remember that the only reason we even have that "holiday" is because Christ was born in a tiny stable so that He could grow up and become a living sacrifice for you and for me. You only have to accept that special gift!!!

Merry Christmas and God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...