Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday, October 22, 2007 (#3)

Okay, they did it to me again. As you can see I got sidetracked on my October 17th entry. What I was trying to say is that Texas Toast is by far one of my favorite bread products and they had it available. It looked perfect. Well, today, they offered it AGAIN!!!! Actually, today was easier to not eat it. Things seem to be getting easier to turn down. Up until last Friday my attitude was wonderful and I was smiling and happier than I had been in awhile. Then my boss called me into his office and told me that he was changing my managers around. My Catering manager said that she could not get a working flow with me as far as paperwork and stuff and that she is really behind and wanted a different assistant to see if that would help. I agree, we are not working as a team as far as paperwork. I continued to try to set something up with her but it never took off so in that aspect I think it was a good change but the new manager does mostly paperwork. With the Catering side of the office there is a lot of graphics. Especially this time of year going into the holidays. And with the CS side there is mostly reports and letters and a bunch of paperwork. Obviously, since I couldn’t get my other manager’s paperwork to flow correctly this is not my strong suit. Now I am extremely worried that I will not do a good job and my self-esteem has fallen again. The good part is that I didn’t over do anything with my diet to compensate for the self-doubt and hurt. Normally I would have. I did sob my eyes out on Friday night!!! I am getting teary thinking of it right now too. I just don’t know what my future will be. If my graphics are taken away then the job will really become not a fun place to be. Monster.com sent out a list of positions in my area and several months ago Bob Evans was hiring for an Administrative Assistant. I chickened out and didn’t apply. Well, when I opened the email Saturday there was a listing for an Admin in the Restaurant Marketing division!!!! I sent my resume. It made you list your salary requirements and I put something down. In my mind it is too high but if God wants that door to open then He will take care of it. I don’t want to leave here. I like it but I don’t want to just do paperwork. One of the other assistants will be going on maternity leave in a few weeks and may or may not come back so I feel guilty there. She will also not be helping on New Years Eve so that is another area I feel guilty about but if the Lord wants me to move to Bob Evans He will make it all work out.

When I got home on Friday though I finally got my mail (I only get it like every 4 or 5 days cause there is usually nothing but advertisements and bills and I figure if I don’t pick up the mail then the bill doesn’t have to be paid. Right?) there were two cards from ladies at church. One of them was from Sue Miller who is like my adoptive mom!!! I love that family. Her card had me sobbing in the car before I even went in the house. I have it hung on my refrigerator right now but will put it in a scrapbook soon. It was so special. I don’t know how long it sat in my mailbox but I know that I received it in God’s perfect timing. He knew just when I would need something like that. Isn’t is amazing that if we just let Him, He will take care of our needs both physical and emotional? Ah, lessons learned.
Well, that’s all for right now. I bet you can’t wait to see what the next installment of the journey will bring? I go to the gym tonight to get a new program set up for me. I’ll let you know how it goes

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...