Friday, December 21, 2007

Don't Compare

I have been thinking (don't be scared it isn't too bad). I have had several people listen to me ramble on about how much weight I have lost since September and several of them have said that they are trying to lose 20 pounds and they just can't do it that quickly. I remind them that I weighed almost 400 pounds when this journey began and that I cut my calories down to around 1500 calories a day from around 4,000. I also got up and started exercising. I will lose weight so much faster than someone who is 20 pounds away from his/her goal. There will come a time when this weight loss slows down and then I will be in the same area.

If you are struggling with losing a few extra pounds don't compare yourself to someone like me or the people on Biggest Loser. All of us are at a weight that was extremely unhealthy and we will lose it so much faster!!!

Hang in there and just take it one day and one meal at a time. Move a little more than you have before. Even if you start using the stairs or parking further away from the door of your location. This will help you with your loss.

Only 4 days until Christmas and I start vacation today!!! (Well, I have to come in tomorrow for 1 hour and 45 minutes to do payroll but...)

If you are in town give me a call and we can try to get together next week.

God Bless,
Karen

No comments:

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...