Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Push to 76

Last night when I left the gym I needed to lose 1 pound to reach the 75 pound weightloss mark. I WAS DETERMINED. I am fighting some kind of chest congestion and have a cough but I was not going to go another week without losing that pound. It didn't take long to work up a sweat and when I weighed in before the class I had hit the 75 pound mark!!! That was 3 pounds in the one week. So, you would think I would stop there right? No, I am now on a mission. When I was done with the class I had 1/10th of a pound to lose to reach the 76 pound mark.

Off to the sauna. 15 minutes later and having a blast with my teammates I came out and guess what? I still had 1/10th of a pound to lose. ARRRRGGGGHHHH. So I rush over to Craig and tell him that I have exactly 5 minutes to lose 1/10th of a pound. He told me to get on the treadmill at incline of 10 and as fast as I can go. I put it on 13 and speed of 3.3. That lasted about 2 minutes. I then moved it down to 11 and the speed to 2.5. After 3 minutes I jumped off and weighed myself. YES, I had lost 2/10th's of a pound!!! I quickly ran in the locker room and changed for church. Decided to weigh myself to see if a non-sweaty shirt would help and I lost another 4/10ths of a pound. If I had changed in the first place I wouldn't have had to go in the sauna and do the treadmill. Oh well, lesson learned.

Guess what else? They are filming a commercial next week during out final class!!! It will be shown on tv and the internet and someplace else. Also, they are taking testimonials and since I have lost over 75 pounds they want me to do one. Should be interesting. Opportunity for God to be glorified here huh?

Well, only 17 pounds to go to reach 300 and only 24 pounds to go for the ultimate 100 pound loss since October 4th. Only 15 pounds to go to reach the 100 pound since my heaviest. I can't wait!!!

God Bless,
Karen

2 comments:

gretchen said...

I can feel the excitement in your voice! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gretchen. Now I want to be at the gym the entire day to get to that 100 pound mark. I can see it and that is what is so exciting about it. It is not some far off thing now. It is real.

YEA!!!!!!!!!
Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...