Monday, April 28, 2008

A new week

Allergy season is in full swing. Now is the time when I really see how serious I am about this weight loss journey. Between the Biggest Loser ending and having some head congestion, etc I am fighting the "I don't feel like going to the gym" thoughts.

Right now, I want to be there because I am afraid that if I don't go once then I will keep making excuses to not go the next time, etc.

I was emailing one person and I told him that wether I am in the Biggest Loser competition or working alone I have to remember that it is not everyone else who can lose the weight for me. It is me. Yes, it is encouraging and motivating to have the team support but over the next few months, if people start to slack off at the gym, I have to not let that interfere with my routine and workouts. I, with God's help, am the only one who can lose this weight. It is not anyone elses responsibility to "keep me motivated" Do I want the support and encouragement from everyone at church, work and the gym? You bet I do but if that stops it should not affect how I do my exercising.

With God's help I can continue this journey. I need to keep remembering that He has something in store for me.

I do need prayers for Sunday's though. I have gotten in the habit of going out to lunch with my church family then before I go to evening church, stopping and getting something else to eat at a fast food restaurant, then after evening church going out with my church family again and eating. NOT A GOOD THING AT ALL!!!! Please pray that I get out of this habit.

Thanks,
God Bless,
Karen

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Karen! I'm not sure if encouragement counts as "motivating you" but I am proud of what you are doing. Keep it up. In the goals we set in life, there comes a point (or points) where we struggle to push through. I know you will find the strength and desire to push through this time. Peace!

Karen said...

Wow. Thanks for the encouragement!!! All the way from Germany!!! That makes it even more special!!! ENCOURAGMENT is amazing!!! Thank you so much.

Be safe and know that I am praying for you.

Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...