Saturday, April 5, 2008

What a Saturday

Today was Grandma's 100th birthday party. It was a lot of fun. There were so many of my cousins and family members that I have not talked to in a long time. It was a time to catch up, look back and feel REALLY old!!!! (Several of my cousin's kids are married and parents now) I did pretty well eating wise until we all met at a pizza place near Grandma's that is only in her city. I had 4 pieces of pizza (they are cut in small square's about 1"x1". Then I had a sandwich with ham, turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and bacon bits on a pita bread bun. Then I came home and ate a 90 calorie Special K bar, then I just had 5 slices of roast beef that was about 120 calories.

I don't know why I started eating there. There have been so many people this weekend that have told me how proud they were of me and how great I looked and that my willpower was so amazing. I don't know if that is what scared me. There were too many compliments. I guess I am scared because here are the expectations starting. Don't get me wrong!!! I am so happy that people are proud of me. I think I am just really scared!!!! Can I continue to do this?

Then I get a phone call from someone who is very special in my life. He is like the only father I have ever known. He wanted to tell me, since I was like his 4th daughter, that he was in the ER this week with a blood clot in his leg. I will be praying for him and I think they caught it early enough. The part that meant the most was that he said I was like his 4th daughter. No man has ever told me that I was like his daughter. My real dad hasn't been around for so long that I don't remember if he ever told me that. I don't know how to explain it. It just made me feel special.

I know, I am not making any sense. I guess I just needed to talk a little bit.

Thanks for listening and praying,
In Christ,
Karen

4 comments:

gretchen said...

You definitely can keep it up! You are doing great. Seems I need to have a conversation with a certain someone--I thought I was 4th!?!? =)

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! You are the first and only daughter-in-law and with that family it means a lot because that makes you pretty darn special!!!!

Thanks for the encouragment. I just get stressed with the expectations thing. Once you start accomplishing something then other things will be expected and I have always struggled with that type of thing.

Karen

gretchen said...

It seems like this journey is breaking down so many strongholds beyond you trying to lose weight---pretty amazing stuff our God is up to.

"He who began the work is faithful to complete it..."

Karen said...

He is definitly doing that. There is no other way to lose weight except through a lot of changing. I could lose weight but if the issues that got me there in the first place are not taken care of then the weight will not stay off.

I really am excited to see what He has in store for me. Pretty scared, but excited!!!

Karen

America - Where do we go from here?

 Today, January 6, 2021, is the day that the truth of the election fraud came to light by having the states not certify the electoral colleg...